What goes better with a Jane Austen novel than scones? Nothing! As I just love to read my books with a good cup of tea and a scone I just had to reblog this post from my sister blog.
Thoughts Before Baking:
I was going to a tea party and decided to bring some scones. The recipe in The Cat Who… Cookbook, that I got from my brother blog TheCatWhoWroteaBlog.wordpress.com sounded good but I didn’t have all the ingredients needed.
So I had to substitute. Let’s see how these turn out.
- 2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1.5 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Stick of Butter or Margarine, softened
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1/2 Cup of Crasins
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
- 3/4 Cup of Plain Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Cream or Milk
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- Clotted Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Sift or mix the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together.
- Cut in the butter or margarine until the mixture is about the size of small peas.
- Add the egg, the crasins, milk, and…
View original post 122 more words