So in yesterday’s post, I talked about how I was looking for things to make for my tea party/book club meeting that are Regency-ish but cool for summer.
I was thinking about Emma’s picnic and the strawberries they eat:
I started looking through recipes for a strawberry dish when I remembered a fantastic one that my sister blog Mysterious Eats made.
- 6-8 Ounces of Strawberries
- 6 Ounces of Blueberries
- 6 Ounces of Raspberries
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Place sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring mixture to a simmer (there will be small bubbles), and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5 mins.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Chill completely in fridge.
- Rinse the berries.
- Hull the strawberries and slice into 2-3 pieces.
- Place all the berries in one bowl.
- Just before serving, drizzle the berries with the vanilla sugar syrup.
- Toss gently.
Thoughts After Cooking:
What did I think?
It was just the perfect blend of everything and absolutely delicious.
For more recipes, go to Aunt Neal’s Old-Fashioned Tea Cakes
For more Jane Austen quotes, go to Hot Humid Days are Reading Days