I love bread. I could eat it, non-stop.
So you probably saw this pic on facebook/instagram, about me making bread. Usually bread takes quite a bit of time, but my friend shared this post on pinterest with me about making bread in your crock-pot!
It was delicious and easy, so I felt I should share. It originally comes from delish.com
- 1 Envelope of Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1.5 Cups of Lukewarm Water
- 3.5 Cups of Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- Line a crock-pot with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine yeast and sugar.
- Add water and stir until combined.
- Add flour, olive oil, and salt; stir until combined and a shaggy dough begins to form.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until it becomes smooth and soft, about 5 mins.
- Roll dough into a ball, then place in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 hrs.
- Carefully remove bread from slow cooker.
- To crisp up the crust, transfer bread to a baking sheet and broil until golden, 2-3 mins.
- Let cool for 20 mins and serve warm or at room temp.
For more recipes, go to Basic Shortbread
For more pinterest recipes, go to Blueberry Earl Grey Tea Smoothie