So I love tea
And I am always on the lookout for new recipes to go with my teatime. This one my sister blog, Mysterious Eats, posted and it looked so good, I decided I needed to try it out with my tea time.
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1.5 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp of Cinnamon
- 1.5 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup of Milk
- 1/4 Cup of Butter, Melted
- 3 Cups of Rolled Oats (Quick Oats work too)
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter an 8×8 inch baking dish, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- Add in brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Whisk until there are no lumps.
- Stir in milk and melted butter.
- Add oats and mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and spread evenly. (At this point you can refrigerate overnight or bake immediately.)
- Bake in oven 30-40 mins until it is set.
- Top with cinnamon and sugar.
- Cut into squares and serve warm with fresh nuts, milk, a little cream, half and half, maple syrup, or honey of desired.
Unlike my sister blog I took a couple tablespoons of my hot Earl Grey tea and poured them over the top of the square and I thought it tasted fantastic! I would recommend this for you tea time.
For more goodies to make with your tea, go to Cheese Round
For more recipes, go to Green Tea Frappuccino