So I was on Pinterest and I spotted this recipe, and you all know how much I love Earl Grey tea.
I was so excited to make it as it sounded really good. So without further ado, let’s get right into this (by the way this recipe originally comes from ONE armed MAMA).
- 1/2 Pint of Blackberries (~2 Cups)
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar (or any other alternative sweetener)
- 8 Bags of Earl Grey Tea (4 Tablespoons Loose Leaf Tea)
- 1/2 Cup of Cream or any dairy substitute
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, place berries in a large bowl with sugar.
- Crush the berries into a thick jam-like liquid.
- Sprinkle in tea or add tea bags.
- Pour hot water over the fruit and tea and steep for 5 mins.
- Place 5 cups of ice in a large pitcher and strain berry infused concentrate over ice.
- The ice will immediately melt, diluting the concentrate and cooling the tea,
- Serve in a tall glass with ice, and drizzle in a tablespoon, or more, of cream.
So I eagerly drank it…but this was horrible.
I don’t know what happened, but I ended up dropping it all down the drain. What a waste of blackberries.
I will not be making this ever again.
For more recipes, go to Skinny Chai Tea Latte
For more tea posts, go to Blueberry Matcha Smoothie
Hi! Thank you so much for trying my recipe and sharing your experience. Did you leave out the sweetener on purpose? In my opinion unsweetened berries and tea are not great but once you add sugar, it’s fabulous! P.s the sugar is supposed to be mixed with the berries and tea before adding the hot water.