So last month my friends and I were supposed to meet up for high tea, as this is something we have been trying to do about every three months to stay connected as it is seems to get harder the older you get.
We had the date and reservations at this amazing historic tea place, but then COVID-19 happened.
So we decided to do our own tea party, a virtual tea party.
We each set up a space with snacks and tea, I drank Earl Grey Tea of course.
I decided to make a new type of Cucumber Sandwiches and Earl Grey Tea Cookies. Both of which were extremely delicious, and I decided to share them with you here, starting with the cucumber sandwiches, which originally come from Spend With Pennies.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons of Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1 Teaspoon of Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Long English Cucumber, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Loaf of Bread, Crusts Removed
- Mix cream cheese and mayonnaise in a small bowl with a hand mixer, until smooth.
- Stir in herbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cut crusts off bread slices.
- Spread bread slices with cream cheese mixture.
- Thinly slice cucumbers, layer over half of the bread slices.
- Top with additional herbs, if desired.
- Top with remaining bread slice and cut each sandwich into three pieces.
These were delicious! I’m glad I was the only one eating them as I wanted to eat them all!
For more recipes, go to Lemon Curd
For more tea sandwich recipes, go to Basic Chicken Salad
For more tea party recipes, go to Scottish Oat Scones