So every Wednesday, starting in October, I have been a part of a Tea Party/Bible Study/Book Club on The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis. This is different from my book club and the Book Club Picks I have been reviewing (and desperately need to catch up on). I also need to catch up on these recipes. Week three we had Organic India Tulsi Masala Chai Tea, Parmesan and Chive Scones, Cucumber Aioli Canapés, Ham & Apple Sandwiches, Cranberry and Brie Bites, and Mini Pumpkin Creme Brulee.
I couldn’t share the recipes in October as I was in the middle of Horrorfest IX, so I am catching up and of course next is sandwiches.
This comes from Teatime Celebrations magazine. The recipe did call for alfalfa sprouts but I forgot them, but I did have leftover parsley and threw that on top.
Ingredients Lemon-Pepper Aioli:
- 1/4 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon zest, and pepper-stirring well.
- Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to a day.
- 3 Large Slices of Firm White Sandwich Bread, Frozen
- 1 English Cucumber
- Lemon-Pepper Aioli
- Using a 2-inch cutter, cut 12 shapes out of the 3 slices of frozen bread. Discard scraps.
- Place bread in resealable bag and let thaw.
- Spread the aioli onto each bread square.
- Using a mandolin or sharp paring knife, cut 60 paper-thin slices from the cucumber.
- Place 5 cucumber slices on each bread square, overlapping each circle.
- Serve immediately.
These were good but not as good as the Cucumber-Four Peppercorn Goat Cheese Canapés. But that’s okay, I like trying out recipes and trying to find the perfect cucumber sandwich.
For more from The Magician’s Nephew Tea Party/Book Club, go to Parmesan and Chive Scones
For more recipes, go to Heirloom Tomato Tart
For more Tea Time Magazine Recipes, go to Lemon Gingerbread Cake
For more sandwich recipes, go to Turkey-Apple Tea Sandwiches
For more cucumber sandwich recipes, go to Cucumber-Four Peppercorn Goat Cheese Canapés
For more tea posts, go to Fotina Flower Puffed Pastry