So every Wednesday, starting in October, I have been a part of a Tea Party/Bible Study/Book Club on The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis. This is different from my book club and the Book Club Picks I have been reviewing (and desperately need to catch up on). This week was the last for TMN and we had Chai Tea, Cranberry Chai Scones, Cucumber Canapés, Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus, Mini Shepherd’s Pie, and Snickerdoodles.
I though it would be able to post these faster, but I have really fallen behind. I’m trying though!
I found this recipe from Plum Deluxe on Pinterest. I wanted to do something a little different and this sounded delicious.
- 1 lb of Asparagus
- 3-3.5 oz of Prosciutto
- Wash your asparagus by holding the stalks under cool water for 10-30 mins.
- Cut the white ends from the asparagus.
- Boil a pot of water.
- Sprinkle salt into water.
- Once water has boiled, add asparagus. Make sure they are completely submerged under the hot water.
- Let the asparagus cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Your asparagus will be ready when they turn bright green.
- Place asparagus in ice cold water.
- Set the asparagus on a towel and dry the stalks.
- Wrap each spear in prosciutto.
These were delicious and a perfect addition to our tea time.
For more from The Magician’s Nephew Tea Party/Book Club, go to Cinnamon Bun Scones
For more recipes, go to Easy Fruit Tarts
For more pie recipes, go to Mini Apple Pies
For more tea posts, go to Brisket and Slaw Roulades