So we are almost done with going over my Jane Austen 29th Birthday Party planning.
We have gone over invitations, decorations, the menu, games, my teapot piñata, prizes, and party favors. In this post I’ll be going over my hair choice, the next will feature my gown, and then last but not least my party playlist.
So my hair and I do not have a good relationship, it rarely ever does what I want it to.
So I was first going to try and do a hairstyle like Marianne Dashwood:
But it wouldn’t come out right. So then I tried for Mary Crawford.
But my hair was just not cooperating.
Its times like that that make me wish I had a maid to work on my hair.
I was feeling really stressed as I was running out of time when I decided to try and do what I do when I’m feeling down and stressed, look up my girl Catherine Morland.
Her hair didn’t look too difficult, so I googled to see if I could find a step-by-step guide and discovered this one for doll hair. I figured that if it worked well for the doll, it should theoretically work well on human hair, right?
The directions come from Never Grow Up Doll Guide Blog. She did it for some kind of Regency doll photo shoot. I really liked her step by step directions as they were easy to follow and she included lots of pictures. As I was doing mine on my own, I didn’t take any pictures, but here is step by step how to create Catherine’s hair.
- Choose a piece of ribbon (I used a leftover piece from my gown) and place it tie on your head like a headband. Leave two sections of hair loose in the front.
- Secure the ribbon by Bobby pining it in.
- Keep the two sections of hair separate by clipping them. I put the extra hair in claws so it would stay put:
- . Then put all your hair (except the front two sections) into a ponytail.
- Take your ponytail and twist it into a bun, Bobby pining it to stay in place.
- Take one of the front strands and twist it, placing the end on top of the bun and looping it around the bin. Pin in place.
- Repeat step 6
I didn’t take a really good picture of my hair, but it looked fantastic. I definitely recommend doing this to your hair.
We are almost done with my party plans. Can you believe it? Just a few more things to share.