So here ends another Horrorfest: 31 reviews of films and/or TV episodes that are mysteries, horror, film-noir, suspense, monster movies, thrillers, etc.
It amazes me that have been doing this ten years already.
I only started doing this because I already would watch something for Halloween every day in October (and annoy my friends by doing so); and it was a real easy leap to blog about it. I know some people don’t think I should as it has “nothing” to do with Jane Austen. That may be true, but I do know one character who would enjoy Halloween and Horror films.
Every year I start off with a little planning: first film, last film, etc.- And everything else is just whatever I happened to watch.
I also did my second annual Celebrate Halloween with Northanger Abbey.
And of course our Annual films:
- A movie or TV episode from every decade from the 1930s-2020s
- Jane Austen with Northanger Abbey (1987)
- Alfred Hitchcock with Vertigo (1958)
- Animated Film with Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island (1998)
- Disney with The Cat From Outer Space (1978) and Mom’s Got a Date With a Vampire (2000)
- Stephen King with The Shining (1980)
- Tim Burton with Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (2016)
- Vincent Price with “Ship of Ghouls” from The Love Boat (1978)
This year I reviewed the following:
“Ship of Ghouls” from The Love Boat (1978)
“Murder in High C” from Murder She Wrote (1995)
By the way if you love ghosts, ghouls, and gothic fiction you should definitely get this shirt that MadsenCreations and I created.