Back in 2020, some friends and I started a Tea Party/Bible Study/Book Club. We met every Wednesday and worked our way through the Chronicles of Narnia and are currently working through the Lorien Legacies. When we started I resolved to share all the recipes, but since then have decided to rework these posts. Instead of having the book we are reading through at the front of the recipe, I’m changing it to be our tea group’s name: Books, Tea, and the Trinity.
After we finished The Magician’s Nephew and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; the next book in the series was A Horse and His Boy. This book was a bit harder to plan recipes as it didn’t have as many starting off points as The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but that also meant we could plan whatever we wanted to.
The second week we had veggies and Greek Yogurt Dip, Teatime Magazine’s Red Pepper Triple Stack Sandwiches, Zuppa Toscana, and Chocolate Covered Strawberries; with Vanilla Rooibos Tea
This recipe comes from Teatime Magazine’s Teatime Celebrations edition of their magazine.
- 1 8-Oz Package of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon of dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (they recommend canned red peppers, but I prefer fresh)
- 9 Slices of very thin wheat bread
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with a mixer at medium-high-speed until creamy.
- Add Italian seasoning, garlic salt, onion powder, and black pepper; beating until combined.
- Chop two tablespoons of red bell pepper and add to cream cheese mixture, stirring to combine.
- Spread a generous amount of cream cheese mixture onto two slices of bread and then stack them on top of each other; cheese side up.
- Top with a third slice of bread.
- Repeat. If the bread is too thick, you can just use two slices instead of three.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich into threes.
- Cut the remaining bell pepper into hearts, too the sandwiches with them.
For more from our Books, Tea, and the Trinity tea times, go to Healthy Waldorf Salad
For more sandwich recipes, go to Eating Well’s Radish Tea Sandwiches
For more recipes, go to Apple Cinnamon Scones
For more tea posts, go to Spill the Tea: Caroline’s Coffee Roaster