Back in 2020, some friends and I started a Tea Party/Bible Study/Book Club. We met every Wednesday and worked our way through the Chronicles of Narnia and are currently working through The Chronicles of Prydain. When we started I resolved to share all the recipes, but I couldn’t keep up and that’s why I’m still three years behind (but I’m getting there!) All recipes are now going to be titled Books, Tea, and the Trinity.
After we finished The Magician’s Nephew, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; A Horse and His Boy, Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: the next book in the series was The Silver Chair.
The first week we had: Cheese and Basil Scones, TeaTime Magazine Cucumber Canapés with Lemon-Basil Butter, TeaTime Magazine Egg Salad and Watercress Sandwiches, and yogurt fruit bark; along with Winter Grey tea.
I’m not sure if you caught it, but almodt all the food had a green theme to go with the “Lady of the Green Kirtle”
This recipe comes from TeaTime Magazine, a wonderful gift from a friend that keeps on giving! 🙂
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped watercress
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices firm white sandwich bread
- In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, watercress, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Spread a thick, even layer of egg salad onto 3 bread slices. Top each with a remaining bread slice to make 3 whole sandwiches.
- Using a serrated bread knife in a gentle sawing motion, trim and discard crusts from each sandwich to create a 3-inch square. Cut each sandwich diagonally into 4 equal triangles. Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for a few hours until serving time.
Food was delicious! I loved these sandwiches and have made them multiple times.
For more tea sandwich recipes, go to Pepper Teigen’s Thai Sweet Chili Tea Sandwiches
For more egg salad recipes, go to Egg Salad and Cherry Tomatoes Sandwiches
For more Teatime Magazine recipes, go to Cucumber Canapés with Lemon-Basil Butter
For more from our Books, Tea, and the Trinity tea times, go to Cheese and Basil Scones
For more recipes, go to Glazed Cinnamon Scones
For more tea posts, go to Tea for Me, Tea For YouTea for Me, Tea For You