Back in 2020, some friends and I started a Tea Party/Bible Study/Book Club. We met every Wednesday and worked our way through the Chronicles of Narnia and are currently working through the Lorien Legacies. When we started I resolved to share all the recipes, we make-but I haven’t gone through them as quickly as I hoped.
When we completed The Magician’s Nephew and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; and A Horse and His Boy; we moved on to book 4 Prince Caspian. This book is one of my favorites in the series as I love Prince Caspian (although the Disney version is horrible). Like A Horse and His Boy, this book did not mention a lot of specific foods, so we planned whatever we wanted to make.
As I wasn’t in charge of this book, there will be no discussion questions, just recipes.
The first week we had Apple Cinnamon Scones: Salmon Radish Cucumber Canapés, Cinnamon Bread-Honey-Cheese-Apple and Ham Sandwiches, Kellogg’s Cheese Potato Crisps, and Applesauce Cake; all paired with Caroline’s Coffee Roaster Princess Earl Grey (as we needed to have some royal-tea).
This recipe comes from my Kellogg’s Cookbook.
These are better than French fries! We guarantee that once you try them, you’ll make these cheesy potatoes a standard at your table. Using different cheeses such as Monterey Jack, American, Swiss, or grated Parmesan cheese, and a bit of chili powder easily adds variety and keeps the dish interesting.
- 2 Cups of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes
- 3 Large Baking Potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Salt to taste
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1/4 Cup of Sliced Scallions or Green Onions
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Place the corn flakes in a reusable plastic bag.
- Seal the bag and, using a rolling pin, crush the flakes to a medium crumb.
- Open the bag and measure the crumbs, you should have 1 cup. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a large baking sheet with Non-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Lay the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Lightly coat with Non-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with salt to taste.
- Sprinkle each potato with some of the cheese.
- Top with corn flake crumbs and a sprinkling of paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven, without turning, for about 25 mins, or until potatoes are cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve with scallions or green onions.
These are so delicious. You can’t go wrong with potatoes and cheese! This is also easy to make, and doesn’t take that long to bake. I definitely recommend!
For more from our Books, Tea, and the Trinity tea times, go to Rice Krispies Chocolate Chip Cookies
For more potato recipes, go to What Excellent Boiled Potatoes
For more recipes, go to Hummus and Veggie Sandwiches
For more tea posts, go to Spill the Tea: There & Back Again Cafe