This year I have a lot to be thankful for-1) Being alive-my ex-husband was abusive and tried to kill me; 2) My 5-year restraining order and the fact that my divorce was finalized 10/24/18-thank you California!; 3)My friends, family, and faith who have gotten me through this; 4) And this blog and all you readers!
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday however you spend it. I am course am going to spend it with food:
So what would Jane Austen be eating if she was celebrating the American holiday?
Last year I shared a recipe for apple pie, I thought this year I would share one for baked apples which make a great breakfast, side dish, or dessert.
This comes from my sister blog MysteriousEats.wordpress.com.
- 1 Granny Smith Apple-Peeled, Cored, and Sliced
- 2.5 Tablespoons of Water
- 1.5 Tablespoons of Cornstarch or Flour
- 1.5 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 Pinch of Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Spread the apples slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Whisk the water and flour together, and pour over the apples and gently stir.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook for about 15 mins.
For more Thanksgiving posts, go to Are Dean Winchester and Jane Austen Kindred Spirits?
For more recipes, go to Blueberry Earl Grey Tea Smoothie
For more holiday posts, go to Life Seems But a Quick Succession of Busy Nothings