So every Wednesday, starting in October, I have been a part of a Tea Party/Bible Study/Book Club on The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis. This is different from my book club and the Book Club Picks I have been reviewing (and desperately need to catch up on). This week we had Cinnamon Bun Scones, Curry Egg Salad Triple Stack Sandwiches, Savory Beef Hand Pies, Cranberry Feta Pinwheels, and Melt-in-Your-Mouth Buttermilk Chocolate Cookies.
I though it would be able to post these faster, but I have really fallen behind and I’m trying hard to catch up though!
I had made something and I had all this buttermilk left over and nothing I could think of to do with it. So I started looking around online for a recipe. The only thing I could find that wasn’t too time consuming and I had all the ingredients for was Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen’s Melt-in-Your-Mouth Buttermilk Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate baking chips (or another cup of chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet. (I used foil).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter.
- While the butter is still warm, add the cocoa powder to the butter and whisk until smooth.
- Then whisk in sugar, vanilla extract, and buttermilk.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and stir until no streaks of flour remain.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a few inches in between each cookie to allow for spread.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, or until cookies are set around the edges.
- Cool for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
These were delicious and I just know I’ll be making them again when I have leftover buttermilk; such as after I make my Irish Soda Bread.
For more from The Magician’s Nephew Tea Party/Book Club, go to Savory Beef Hand Pies
For more recipes, go to Cinnamon Bun Scones
For more cookie recipes, go to The Picture of Earl Grey Tea Cookies
For more desserts, go to Easy Fruit Tarts
For more tea posts, go to Brisket and Slaw Roulades