Even though we are in the middle of Horrorfest V, it never hurts to take a tea break!
Here is a post borrowed from my sister blog on scones! 🙂
So in the Miss Marple mystery we have quite a few tea parties. And what do we need at a tea party?
As I have a tree that produces a lot of lemons, I am always trying to find lemon recipes to use them. This Lemon Scone recipe comes from Eat Up and Slim Down: Tried and True Recipes and Tips from Real Weight-Loss Winners by Jane Kirby and David Joachim.
- 2 Cups of Unbleached or All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cardamom or Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 3 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Safflower Oil
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cup of Low-Fat Plain or Lemon Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon of Grated Lemon Peel
- Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees F and coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cardamom or coriander, salt, and 2…
View original post 171 more words