So last month my friends and I were supposed to meet up for high tea, but then COVID-19 happened and screwed up all our plans.
So we decided to throw a virtual tea party.
We each set up a space with snacks and tea, I drank Earl Grey Tea and made Cucumber Sandwiches to snack on. When it came to the sweets, I was going to make one thing, but then decided now was the time to try and make something I have wanted to for a long time, Earl Grey Cookies. You all know how much I love Earl Grey Tea:
I have always wanted to make Earl Grey Cookies, I have a ton of pins of them on my pinterest board.
The only issue is that you have to chill them for a while before baking and I just haven’t had the time to bake, let alone bake something that had to be chilled first. But with quarantine, I have both the time and the ingredients. This recipe originally comes from Let’s Eat Cake.
- 3.5 Cups of Flour
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Lavender Earl Grey Loose Leaf Tea
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 Cups of Unsalted Butter
- Pulse flour, sugar, tea, and salt together for one minute in a bowl or food processor.
- Add butter and vanilla extract.
- Pulse until shaggy dough is formed, about two mins.
- Remove blade and transfer dough to a working surface.
- Work dough until it comes together and shape it into two discs.
- Place each disc on parchment paper and transfer to refrigerator for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut out cookies using a 1 inch wide cookie cutter.
- Transfer cookies to baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are a light golden brown.
So these cookies were good, but after they had been chilled they were so difficult to scoop out, like they were a rock. I had to use a spoon and chisel the dough, making the cookies extremely tiny. Tiny cookies weren’t all that bad as it let me eat more of them.
I ended up overdoing it though. I drank like 16 cups of tea and I don’t know how many cookies and had a hard time falling asleep.
For more recipes, go to Cucumber Sandwiches
For more tea posts, go to NovelTea Tins’ Romance Sampler
For more cookies, go to Ginger Cardamom Meyer Lemon Crinkle Cookies
For more shortbread cookie recipes, go to Basic Shortbread
For more Earl Grey Tea, go to Iced Blackberry Infused Earl Grey Tea
In other news, this week I am going on vacation.
I know, crazy right? A whole week? I had all these plans to spend the time with my niece doing all kinds of things but now it sounds like it will be a staycation. Oh well.
I’ll be on instagram still but I won’t be doing any posting on my blog.