So every Wednesday, starting in October, I have been a part of a Tea Party/Bible Study/Book Club on The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis. This is different from my book club and the Book Club Picks I have been reviewing (and desperately need to catch up on). I also need to catch up on these recipes, week two was Chami Spice Ginger Plum Tea, Dark Chocolate Ginger Scones, Curried Egg Salad Triple Stacks Sandwiches, Turkey Apple Sandwiches, Fotina Flower Pastry, and Lemon Gingerbread Cake.
I couldn’t share the recipes in October as I was in the middle of Horrorfest IX, so I am catching up and of course after scones comes sandwich number one.
This comes from Tea Time Magazine.
- 6 Large Hardboiled Eggs
- 1/3 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup of Finely Chopped Celery
- 2 Tablespoons of Chopped Green Onion Tops
- 1 Tablespoon of Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Curry Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- 9 Slices of very thin Wheat Bread
- In a medium bowl and using a pastry blender, finely chop eggs.
- Add mayonnaise, celery, onion, mustard, curry powder, salt, and pepper; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place egg salad in a covered container, and refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours.
- Spread 3 tablespoons egg salad onto 6 bread slices.
- With egg salad sides up, stack 2 of the 6 slices, and top with a plain bread slice.
- Repeat with remaining bread slices to create 3 triple-stack sandwiches.
- Using a serrated bread knife, trim and discard crusts from all sides of sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich into 3 finger sandwiches.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container and refrigerate for a few hours until ready to serve.
Now I am not a big fan of curry, I am really sensitive to scents and the intensity of curry doesn’t appeal to me. These however were absolutely delicious! I could not stop gobbling them up!
For more from The Magician’s Nephew Tea Party/Book Club, go to Dark Chocolate Ginger Scones
For more recipes, go to Mini Apple Pies
For more Tea Time Magazine Recipes, go to Cucumber-Four Peppercorn Goat Cheese Canapés
For more sandwiches, go to Tea Time Magazine’s Ham and Cheese Tea Sandwiches
For more tea posts, go to Tea Time Magazine’s Ham and Cheese Tea Sandwiches