So every Wednesday, starting in October, I have been a part of a Tea Party/Bible Study/Book Club on The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis. This is different from my book club and the Book Club Picks I have been reviewing (and desperately need to catch up on). I also need to catch up on these recipes, week two was Chami Spice Ginger Plum Tea, Dark Chocolate Ginger Scones, Curried Egg Salad Triple Stacks Sandwiches, Turkey-Apple Tea Sandwiches, Fotina Flower Pastry, and Lemon Gingerbread Cake.
I couldn’t share the recipes in October as I was in the middle of Horrorfest IX, so I am catching up and of course after sandwich number one, we have sandwich number two.
This comes from Tea Time Magazine.
Turkey-Apple Tea Sandwiches Ingredients:
- 4 Slices Honey Wheat Bread
- 8 Slices of Smoked Turkey
- 1 Red Apple
- 1 Recipe Cranberry Spread
- 8 Leaves of Baby Spinach
- Using a serrated knife, cut and discard crusts from bread slices, creating a perfect 3-inch square.
- Cut each square diagonally into 4 triangles.
- Cover bread with damp paper towels to prevent drying out while preparing other ingredients.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, cut 8 triangles the same size as the bread triangles from turkey.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, cut 8 very thin vertical slices from the apple.
- Spread a layer of the cranberry spread onto each bread triangle.
- On the cranberry side of 8 bread triangles layer a spinach leaf, a turkey slice, and an apple slice.
- Top each with a remaining bread triangle, cranberry side down.
- Serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for a few hours until ready to serve.
Cranberry Spread Ingredients:
- 1/3 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons of Jellied Cranberry Sauce with Cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon of Yellow Mustard
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cranberry sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk well.
These were delicious sandwiches and a perfect fall time tea savory.
For more from The Magician’s Nephew Tea Party/Book Club, go to Curried Egg Salad Triple Stacks Sandwiches
For more recipes, go to Dark Chocolate Ginger Scones
For more Tea Time Magazine Recipes, go to Tea Time Magazine’s Ham and Cheese Tea Sandwiches
For more sandwiches, go to Cucumber-Four Peppercorn Goat Cheese Canapés
For more tea posts, go to Mini Apple Pies