8) What You Ate Today
Sorry I’m posting so late, I’ll explain more tomorrow.
So I actually didn’t eat that much today. For breakfast/lunch I had honey graham crackers, which are my favorite.
Then later I snacked on popcorn, not that much though.
What I really ate though was pizza margherita.
It all started on Thursday, when I read the book A Pizza for the Queen, by Nancy F. Castaldo. It is based on a true story when a pizza maker was asked to make a “peasant” pizza for Queen Margherita. In the end he invents a new pizza, naming it after the queen, the famous pizza margherita. After I read that book it was all I could think about. And it is extremely easy to cook.
- You need to make pizza dough, in which you should coat with olive oil.
- Then put pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes, etc.: whatever on your pizza round.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into thin rounds, and place it on top of the sauce.
- Slice the tomatoes and place on top of the cheese.
- Cook the pizza according to the dough directions.
- When pizza is ready, place washed basil leaves on top.
- Serve and enjoy.
While the pizza was cooking, and I was waiting; I decided to make a basil, tomato, mozzarella cheese salad.
- Slice the mozzarella cheese and tomatoes.
- Take a platter and place the ingredients in the pattern of cheese, tomato, and basil leaves.
So that’s it! It was extremely delicious and you should try to make it yourself.
To start the 30 Day Challenge from the beginning, go to Musical Madness
For the previous post, go to Present Versus Past
For more on pizza, go to Pizza Power