I am sooo, sooo, sooo behind in these. In October 2020 some friends and I started meeting every Wednesday for a Tea Party/Bible Study/Book Club. We began with The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis, and when we finished moved on to The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. This is different from my book club and the Book Club Picks I have been reviewing (and also desperately need to catch up on). I’ve been sharing all our tea recipes for you too, to try at home.
For the fifth and final week we did the feast with Aslan:
“Meanwhile, let the feast be prepared. Ladies, take these Daughters of Eve to the pavilion and minister to them.”
For this week we had Nobilitea’s Regal Plum (as the Pevensie’s are royalty), French Bread, Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole, Spinach Puffs, and Strawberry Shortcake.
One thing I will be doing differently here than in my earlier posts, is that I will be sharing discussion questions that your group can discuss as you read and eat. I didn’t post discussion questions in the previous posts on The Magician’s Nephew, as I wasn’t in charge of that book. For discussion questions, click on this link: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe Discussion Questions Chapter 10-17.pdfDownload
This recipe comes from Gourmandize.
- 1 package Puff Pastry Sheets
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature for 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix 1 egg and water and set aside
- Mix remaining eggs, cheese, spinach, onion and parsley
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface.
- Roll each pastry sheet into 12-inch square and cut each into 16 (3-inch) squares
- Place 1 tablespoon spinach mixture in center of each square
- Brush edges with egg mixture. Fold squares over filling to form triangles
- Crimp edges to seal.
- Place on baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
They were righteous and rocked. Haha, you can’t have a post on spinach puffs without mentioning Kronk!
For more from our The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe teas, go to Sausage, Green Bean, Potato Casserole
For more recipes, go to Marmalade Rolls
For more tea posts, go to Spill the Tea: Bubble Tea Station