If you are a tea addict, or teaddict, like me, you drink a lot of tea.
And when you drink as much tea as I do, your tea infuser gets all gross and brown and embarrassing for people to see.
But I have found a way to clean them. On the box that my forlife teapot came in said to use baking soda and warm water.
Not super clear, so I went online and cruised a few pages for a little more info:
- Put some baking soda on the areas affected. Then add a little warm water so it is pastelike.
- Scrub the areas with the paste, adding more baking soda if needed.
Voila! It looks amazing.
I’ve had this infuser like 4 years now and it looks brand spanking new. Amazing!
This one I’ve had even longer, and it was horribly brown and look at it now!
I just wish I had taken a before picture for you all so you could see it. I’m kicking myself as this is amazing, baking soda is amazing!
And it will help all you tea lovers keep their tea things nice and clean.
For more tea posts, go to Cucumber Aioli Canapés
For more tea love, go to Mug o’ Tea Treats Christmas Gift
It is hot.
So of course when the weather gets like this, tea time must adapt. Yes, even though it is incredibly hot out-I still have my tea time.
But when its hot, I want to eat cool food…like deviled eggs. I love deviled eggs, they always make me feel so fancy.
I could eat a whole dozen by myself. They are just so good.
This recipe comes from Son Shine Kitchen.
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp of Mustard
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Peel and slice eggs lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolk.
- Crumble yolks in a medium bowl and combine with the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Use a pastry bag to pipe in yolk mixture. If you don’t have one, take a ziplock bag, pour in the mixture, and cut the tip of the bottom-filling each egg half.
- Garnish with paprika, if desired.
These were so good, and will be great for tea time (or snack time). Just so you know, this was extremely hard for me not to eat them all myself.
Stay cool out there everybody! Don’t forget to hydrate.
For more recipes, go to Strawberry Lemonade
For more tea time recipes, go to The Picture of Earl Grey Tea Cookies