So a few years ago when I went to visit my college friend she took me to a teahouse she had visited and knew I would love. She was right, I thought it was beautiful, had great food, and since then have gone back every time I return to that area.
The first time I went was the first time I had ever had clotted cream. I thought it was amazing and that scones were one hundred times better with it. In fact it made me just want to keep eating.
Since then every time I make scones I wish I have some clotted cream to go with them.
Well you think, that’s easy-just head to the store.
You can’t get it in any store around here. I’ve looked online, but it will take ages and you have to order a ton of it.
So after all that, I decided that I would just try to make my own.
This recipe comes from my sister blog, MysteriousEats.wordpress.com.
- 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream (Can substitute with Plain Greek Yogurt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Confectioner’s Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- Fold vanilla into sour cream (or yogurt).
- Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the sugar into the cream.
- Fold this mixture into the vanilla/sour cream (yogurt) mixture.
It was delicious and a perfect addition to tea time.
For more recipes, go to Irish Blueberry Scones
For more posts on tea, go to Cozy & Comfy Tea Time