Back in 2020, some friends and I started a Tea Party/Bible Study/Book Club. We met every Wednesday and worked our way through the Chronicles of Narnia and are currently working through The Chronicles of Prydain. When we started I resolved to share all the recipes, but i couldn’t keep up and that’s why I’m two years behind. All recipes are now going to be titled Books, Tea, and the Trinity.
After we finished The Magician’s Nephew, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; A Horse and His Boy, Prince Caspian, the next book was The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
Today we continued our discussion of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. We had Golden Tip Lapsang Souchang tea, Dragon Cheddar Scones, Roast Beef and Watercress Sandwiches, BLTs, Pizza Balls, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies.
This recipe comes from Oh, How Civilized
- 6 slices white bread
- 12 slices roast beef
- 8 watercress leaves
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- pinch of pepper
- Mix together horseradish, mayo, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut circles out of the roast beef.
- Use the same cookie cutter to cut out 24 roast beef circles.
- Cut circles out of the bread. Use the cookie cutter to cut out 12 bread circles out of the white bread.
- Cut 2 circles out of each slice of bread, avoiding the crust.
- Assemble tea sandwiches.From the bottom up: bread, horseradish mayo, roast beef, horseradish mayo, bread, horseradish mayo, roast beef, horseradish mayo, bread, and watercress skewered on with a cocktail fork.
- Start with a bread circle, then spread on a thin layer of horseradish mayo, and top with 3 roast beef circles. Spread on a thin layer of horseradish layer, top with bread and repeat with the horseradish mayo, 3 roast beef circles, horseradish mayo, then bread. Place the watercress on top and keep it in place with a cocktail fork
These were delicious and eaten up so fast just like the recipe said.
For more from our Books, Tea, and the Trinity tea times, go to Dragon Cheddar and Tomato Scones
For more sandwich recipes, go to Hummus and Veggie Sandwiches
For more recipes, go to Apple Buttermilk Cake
For more tea posts, go to How to Throw a Valentea Party