So every Wednesday, starting in October, I have been a part of a Tea Party/Bible Study/Book Club on The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis. This is different from my book club and the Book Club Picks I have been reviewing (and desperately need to catch up on). I also need to catch up on these recipes. Week four we had Tiesta Tea Victorian Earl Grey, Lavender and Earl Grey Scones, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Hummus Tomato Salad, Pinwheels, and Triple Berry Salad.
I couldn’t share the recipes in October as I was in the middle of Horrorfest IX, so I am catching up and of course as we used an old Chicken Salad recipe, the next is sides.
This recipe comes from Plum Deluxe. I choose it as most of the food we have been eating has been heavy and I wanted something lighter.
- 1 Tablespoon of White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Peeled and Finely Minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 2-3 Large Ripe Tomatoes
- 1-2 Cups of Hummus
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper until emulsified. Set aside.
- Cut tomatoes into thick slices and arrange 3 per plate.
- Top each tomato slice with a tablespoon of hummus.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and serve immediately.
These were delicious. I had so many extra though, as I had made too much, and ended up using the rest to make a spaghetti sauce. A great recipe, that I know I will make again.