Back in 2020, some friends and I started a Tea Party/Bible Study/Book Club. We met every Wednesday and worked our way through the Chronicles of Narnia and are currently working through The Chronicles of Prydain. When we started I resolved to share all the recipes, but i couldn’t keep up and that’s why I’m two years behind. All recipes are now going to be titled Books, Tea, and the Trinity.
After we finished The Magician’s Nephew, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; A Horse and His Boy, Prince Caspian, the next book was The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
Today we continued our discussion of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. We had Golden Tip Lapsang Souchang tea, Dragon Cheddar Scones, Roast Beef and Watercress Sandwiches, Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Tea Sandwiches, Pizza Balls, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies.
This recipe comes from Oh, How Civilized
- 4 slices Very Thin white bread
- 2 strips bacon
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Cocktail fork or toothpick
- Cut bacon slices into four pieces and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly place the cut bacon. Cook at 400°F for 15-18 minutes.
- Using a round cookie cutter, slice tomatoes and blot using paper towels. The size of the cocktail tomatoes will dictate how big your tea sandwich will be. The tomatoes should be able to fit inside the cookie cutter snugly. The cookie cutter will be the one used to cut the bread and lettuce into circles. Cut the tomato slices no bigger than 1/4″ and lay them out on paper towels to blot.
- Cut out lettuce circles using the cookie cutter.
- Cut out bread circles with the cookie cutter. Avoid cutting the crust.
- Assemble tea sandwiches. Spread a thin layer of mayo on one side of the bread, add a lettuce circle, then tomato, then bacon. Then repeat with bread, mayo, lettuce, tomato, and bacon to create the second layer. Skewer with a cocktail fork.
Regular BLTs are absolutely delicious, and these mini ones were absolutely wonderful.
For more from our Books, Tea, and the Trinity tea times, go to Roast Beef & Watercress Tea Sandwiches
For more sandwich recipes, go to Hummus and Veggie Sandwiches
For more recipes, go to How to Throw a Valentea Party
For more tea posts, go to Dragon Cheddar and Tomato Scones